Support the 2023 Municipalism Cohort Fellowship
We launched the 2023 Municipalism Cohort Fellowship in September 2023. Twenty-seven phenomenal grassroots organizers hailing from across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico were accepted to participate in our inaugural cohort. We received over 110 applications and narrowed it down to this incredible class of thinkers and practitioners. Some of the fellows organize workers, others the unhoused, and some the abolition of the carceral state. All seek to build democratic power at the municipal level.
We ask for your help in supporting this 12-week online fellowship program. We are operating on a shoestring budget and we are trying to meet the needs of the fellows by providing stipends and interpretation. We are also offering honorariums for our guest speakers, including the Black Nashville Assembly, Kali Akuno of Cooperation Jackson, and Kate Shea Baird of Barcelona en Comu. We would like to offer stipends to our curriculum developers, facilitators, artists, mentors, and designers.
You can view our budget below.
2023 Municipalism Cohort Fellowship Budget
We are committed to a transparent budget process and the disclosure of financial information pertaining to the 2023 Municipalism Cohort Fellowship.
Your contribution is to sustaining this fellowship program.
Our hope is to take what we’ve learned from this inaugural cohort and produce three future offerings:
1) An Organizer’s Toolkit that summarizes key learnings from each session and case studies of a few fellows.
2) Self-guided online modules, replicating the learning experience of the fellowship that anyone can complete at their own pace.
3) Future iterations of the Municipalism Cohort Fellowship.
- We Raised $15,137 out of $23,400 So Far (October 31, 2023) 65% 65%
Thank You Gifts
We offer the following gifts in appreciation for your donation:
- Donors of $25 or more will receive a pack of three stickers printed with the Municipalism Learning Series logo.
- Donors of $75 or more will receive a USA made tote bag printed with the sketch note by Michelle Sayles.
- Donors of $100 or more will receive a t-shirt printed by a union cooperative with the sketch note by Michelle Sayles.
- Donors of $250 or more will receive the book Jackson Rising Redux: Lessons on Building the Future in the Present (PM Press, 2023), edited by Kali Akuno & Matt Meyer.
- Donors of $500 or more will receive a USA made zip-up hoodie with the sketch note by Michelle Sayles and printed by a union cooperative.
- Donors of $1,000 or more will be acknowledged in the Organizer’s Toolkit, to be released in early 2024 in print and web version.
The illustration in the background is the sketch note of our first session in the fellowship on Decoding Municipalism by Michelle Sayles.
The Municipalism Learning Series is a project of Solidarity Research Center, a registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. All donations go towards sustaining the Municipalism Learning Series and Cohort Fellowship. Contributions are tax deductible.
You can donate with a credit card using the form below. We also accept donations by PayPal or Venmo. Or you can send a check made out to Solidarity Research Center to the following address. Please specify that the donation is for the Municipalism Learning Series on the memo line of the check or in an accompanying note.
Solidarity Research Center
1920 Hillhurst Avenue #V920
Los Angeles, California 90027
Thank you for your support! Your contribution will help to make radical municipalist approaches and techniques more accessible and present on the ground in North America.